- to research on the relation between the lifestyle of drivers with inattentive and careless driving
- to standardize countervailing measures with the causes of traffic collisions
- to contribute to the decrease of the socio-economical cost from traffic collisions
- to empower the theory and research domain at higher education level.
- According to the traffic police’s statistical data, the total number of traffic collisions in Greece from 1995 to 2001 was 150.000 approximately. 8.5% of those were fatal, which corresponds to 230.000 individuals involved and 6.5% of those who were killed.
- Traffic collisions are one of the main causes of death, injuries and property’s catastrophe.
- The consequences of tiredness and lack of sleep are serious for individual health and productivity as well as for the driving behavior.
- Research data show that sleeping while driving is one of the main reasons if not the most important following alcohol behind traffic collisions.
- Several types of drivers such as professional drivers and those who follow specific lifestyles are more likely to drive when they feel tired.
For more information, please visit the Archimedes I website.